Sitara Ghattamaneni reveals she often bunks school due to dad Mahesh Babu: "On days he doesn't have work…”

In an interview with iDream Media, Sitara Ghattamaneni, daughter of Tollywood star Mahesh Babu, revealed a playful side of her relationship with her father. The 12-year-old confessed that she often bunks school, and the reason behind it is none other than her father. Sitara shared that whenever Mahesh Babu has time off work, he loves to spend it with her, even if it means persuading her mother, Namrata Shirodkar, to let her skip school.

A special father-daughter bond

Sitara's comments highlighted the special bond she shares with her superstar dad. She fondly described how Mahesh Babu convinces her mother to let her take a break from school, allowing them to enjoy quality time together. "Half the time I bunk school is because of my dad," she admitted. "On days he doesn't have work… I don't know how he does it; he persuades my mother to let me not go to school. It's great and lovely, we have fun together."

Sitara also mentioned that she watches all of her father's films in theatres, including the recent re-release of Murari. "Honestly, everyone thinks of my dad as a hero. I feel that way when I watch his films. But at home, he's just my dad," she added, showing the difference between Mahesh Babu’s on-screen persona and his role as a father.

Following in their parents' footsteps

Sitara also shared her aspirations to follow in her parents’ footsteps and pursue a career in acting. She mentioned that her brother, Gautham, who already made his on-screen debut as a child artist in 1: Nenokkadine, is currently at New York University (NYU) studying drama. Sitara expressed her excitement for her brother’s future as an actor and revealed that she too is taking acting classes. "I used to have stage fright a year back, but I’m over it now," she said, hinting at her own future in the industry.

Mahesh Babu's upcoming projects

As for Mahesh Babu, he was last seen in Trivikram Srinivas' Guntur Kaaram, which was released for Sankranthi this year but received a lukewarm response at the box office. The actor is now gearing up for an action-adventure film directed by SS Rajamouli, which is highly anticipated by fans. The project, penned by Rajamouli’s father Vijayendra Prasad, is still in its early stages, with the cast and crew yet to be revealed.

Also Read: Mahesh Babu to voice Mufasa in Telugu version of Mufasa: The Lion King: “An experience I will cherish with my children”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Comments