19 Years of No Entry EXCLUSIVE: Celina Jaitly admits she was approached for the sequel; also confesses she and Fardeen Khan were at loggerheads during shoot of ‘Ishq Mein’: “Prabhu Dheva sir played United Nations, resolved our misunderstandings…”

One of the most loved films of Indian cinema, No Entry (2005), completed 19 years on August 26. Starring Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Fardeen Khan, Bipasha Basu, Lara Dutta, Celina Jaitly and Esha Deol, the Anees Bazmee-directorial was loved for its innumerable comic moments and chemistry between the lead characters. The sequel has been in the making for years and it seems like it’s all set to go on floors in a few months. The second part stars Varun Dhawan, Diljit Dosanjh and Arjun Kapoor.

Celina Jaitly recently posted about No Entry's 19th anniversary on her social media handles. Bollywood Hungama exclusively asked her what the film meant to her and whether there was ever any discussion of her being in the sequel. Also, with Fardeen Khan making a comeback, it'll be apt to see her and him once again in No Entry 2.

Celina Jaitly said, “They (the producers) did reach out to me a few years ago for the sequel but then it did not happen that time.  I would love to play Sanjana again in No Entry’s sequel as both Fardeen and I have evolved into the perfect current Sunny-Sanjana. I believe I would also pair well with Diljit Dosanjh. I also admire him as an artist very much. But, it obviously depends on what secrets the script for the sequel holds.”

Celina added, “No Entry is a film that is very close to my heart. Thanks to Anees Bazmee ji, I was lucky to work with a genius technician like the late Ashok Mehta the cinematographer. I had grown up watching Anil Kapoor’s films since childhood and to work with and learn from the maestro of comedy upfront was also a very illuminating experience for me. Boney Kapoor ji as a producer left no stone unturned with regard to any expectations and expenses and hence, it was a blessing on all levels.”

Celina Jaitly further stated, “On sets of No Entry is where I realized my forte as an actor is in comedy. It was also one of the biggest hit films of my career and the love and cult fan base I received continues for a lifetime. There can never be another film that matches the iconic comic performances and humour triggers that we as an ensemble cast created in order to bring the house down in the theatres.”

Celina then confessed about her memorable visit to the cinemas to see the reaction to the comic caper, “I remember I had gone in disguise to see No Entry and a gentleman laughed so hard in a scene that he fell off his chair in the movie theatre! The scene was the one in which I brought all the neighbours to stop Fardeen’s character from committing suicide at his home. The same person fell again in the wedding scene. His family had to pick him up (laughs).”

She also said that her chemistry with Fardeen Khan was much appreciated, “People were mesmerised by my and Fardeen’s on-screen pairing and chemistry. That fervour has continued since Janasheen(2003). However, the funny thing is that Fardeen and I were at loggerheads during half of the filming of No Entry, for what I do not even remember (laughs). We were not speaking to each other at all in South Africa during the filming of our super hit song ‘Ishq Mein’ choreographed by Prabhu Dheva sir. Finally, Prabhu Dheva sir 'played' United Nations, resolved our misunderstandings and we created one of the most iconic songs of Bollywood (smiles).”

Celina also spoke highly of Anees Bazmee, “His understanding of humour is par excellence and I can never forget the way his face lit up when he used to sit actors down and discuss the shots. I loved working with him because he is very knowledgeable on every level. His communication is positively engaging and uplifting and that’s what an actor needs to perform, especially in comedy. We together created a legacy in comedy. It was unadulterated humour that was devoid of any sleaze; it was also a pure comedy film that continues to entertain big and small to date and its energy and legacy are incomparable.”

Celina Jaitly signed off by adding, “I also gained great personal relationships that continue even today with Lara Dutta and Esha Gupta. Just like Anil ji’s iconic dialogue in the film, No Entry taught people to be positive (smiles).”

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Celina Jaitly THUNDERS: “Indian girls are conditioned to take blame for man’s atrocities; girls in Europe cannot even imagine this harassment”; also reveals, “My father was Hindu, mother was Christian; my music was impacted by their different religions in…”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Comments