Karan Johar recalls people’s reaction when he told them about having kids through surrogacy and being a single father: “Log kya kahenge, samaaj kya kahega…”

Karan Johar’s personal life has also been a subject of public interest, particularly his journey as a single father. He has always been candid about his personal life. He has often shared heartwarming moments with his twins, Yash and Roohi, whom he welcomed into the world in 2017 through surrogacy. However, Johar's decision to become a single father was not without its challenges. He has openly discussed the numerous people who expressed concerns and reservations about his choice. Many questioned his ability to raise children without a partner, citing societal norms and expectations. However, Johar remained steadfast in his decision, drawing strength from the support of his mother, Hiroo Johar.

In a recent interview with Jai Madaan – Lady of Fortune YouTube channel, Johar spoke candidly about the societal pressures he faced. He recalled how people often questioned his choices, suggesting that he should be more cautious and consider the potential consequences of his actions. He said, “I never want to have regret, I do what I want to do. I live unapologetically. A lot of people have given me a lot of advice. When I decided to do Koffee with Karan, they told me I was making a mistake by over-exposing myself. They would say that a director should have some mystique, and that they should be behind the camera. I broke those myths.”

He recalled that people would ask him, “Are you sure? Log kya kahenge, samaaj kya kahega (What will society say)?’ But that did not bother him. Karan continued, “I said, ‘Why should I be bothered about what people say when I have my mother’s blessings?’ My mother was so supportive. She said immediately, ‘You want to have a child of your own without a partner, please go ahead. But make sure, because it’s a very big responsibility’. Watching someone grow up in front of you, and develop their own personalities, it’s a big deal.”

On the work front, Karan Johar is now promoting his upcoming co-production Jigra starring Alia Bhatt. It is scheduled for October 11 release. ALSO READ: Guneet Monga DEFENDS Karan Johar amid nepotism trolling; calls criticism “Very unfair”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Comments